Bran Castle
Bran Castle is situated in a key between Bucegi Mountains – Mountains Stone Mountain, 30 km from Brasov city is one of the most important historical monuments, both because of its beauty and landscape and wilderness area and because of the legend of Count Dracula legend was kept alive after the end of so many centuries, Vampire Count and thus ensuring immortality.
The Black Church
Its construction was begun under Prime gothic priest Thomas Sander in 1383 on the site of a church in the first half of the thirteenth century. Largely completed, the church suffered serious damage during the first Turkish invasion in 1421. By 1477 construction was completed and the church was consecrated, they are dedicated to the Holy Virgin. Of the two towers mentioned in the original plan in the west of the church was carried out solely the southwest, rising to a height of 65 m In 1689, during the great fire, the church suffered great damage.
Council Square Brasov
The Brasov Council Square (Piaţa Sfatului in Romanian, former Marktplatz in German) obtained its right to held markets in 1520, but it has been the place for annual markets since 1364 being visited by merchants from the country and abroad. The houses surrounding the square speak of a rich history. A pillory, in the middle of the square, was used as a means for public humiliation, punishment and scorn. Witches were also punished here, but the head of the shoemaker guild, Stefan Stenert, who opposed the entry of the Austrian army into Braşov, was also beheaded here in 1688. Till 1892 there were two wells in the square. The most important building in the square is the Council House, which was built in 1420 and is located in the middle of the square.
Schei Gate
Schei Gate in Brasov was built in 1828, a year after Catherine’s Gate demolition to facilitate access to the city Brasov Brasov Şcheii inhabitants. Being built of stone and brick, Schei Gate has three entries in the form of arches, one large main in the middle and two smaller side entrances. Above the lateral inflows is placed a Latin inscription which marks the lifting gate that began during the reign of Emperor Francis I.
Catherine’s Gate
Catherine’s Gate (German Katharinentor) was constructed to facilitate access şcheienilor in Brasov, the middle side of Weaver’s Bastion and the Smiths, the site of an ancient gates dating from the fourteenth century or fifteenth century, destroyed by flood 24 august 1526, and from Turkish invasions. It stretched from the current S Corp University “Transilvania”, where he died portions, far beyond the current Schei Gate. Catherine is located down the street – which in turn took its name from the monastery that had been there – the gate was named Catherine. In 1559 the tower was raised portions, which can be seen today.
Tampa Mountain
Tampa can be reached in several ways: there is the 25 coils, cut in 1837 by the Forestry Brasov Gabony his steps, go Knights fortress dating back to Brasov or road car “rabbit”. Those unaccustomed to long trips can take the cable car linking ranger House Chalet restaurant at hem and Panoramic Restaurant, located on the mountain ridge, in less than three minutes. The view from the top of Tampa on the stone terrace built in 1873 or that of Bethlen restored, offers a splendid panorama over the city, and on clear days you can see the whole country of Barsa.
First Romanian School
First Romanian School in Brasov St. Nicholas Church in the courtyard of the historic district Şcheii Brasov. The first Romanian language courses took place here in 1583. The current building dates from 1760. Today the building houses the “Museum First Romanian School” under the philologist Vasile Oltean.Vechii şcheieni that resonate widely practiced a trade with Moldova and Wallachia, but had come to walk the Levant, Balkans far into Syria and Egypt, have protected donations abode of culture and education, which today has become “the First Romanian School Museum.” The approximately 4,000 rare books and more than 30,000 documents and many museum objects are now watch the foundation of history, offering everyone the opportunity of knowing the truth that historic run on these lands.
The White Tower
White Tower is part of the fortifications of Brasov, representing the highest point of the fortress of Brasov. The tower was built between 1460-1494 and was intended for defense guilds Tanners brazier. White Tower is located on a cliff top of the hill Warthe (Straja) at 59 meters away from the walls and communicate with it via a bridge that connects Graft Bastion. The tower has a height of 18-20 meters and closed semicircular, being equipped with battlements, holes for pitch and balconies supported by brackets carved in stone.